Cyber Security Awareness
Research indicates there will be over 200 billion connected devices in use by the end of 2020. This includes desktops, laptops, phones, watches, TVs, and more. That makes each of us increasingly more susceptible to cyber security attacks and crimes. The unfortunate fact is, approximately 95% of Cyber Security breaches are the result of human error.
Knowing the number of devices connected and the probability of human error, let’s educate ourselves and work against this alarming probability.
10 Helpful Tips to Protect yourself against a Cyber Security attack:
- Don’t “Click” without being aware of the source, and the target.
- Limit performing any private actions on public networks.
- Use a reputable malware, antivirus, or security software.
- Utilize strong passwords
- Keep your systems and software updated
- Be aware of your Social Media Settings
- Discuss Internet and Safety with Children
- Secure your mobile device
- Do not utilize banking or financial passwords on Social Websites
- Backups, Backups, Backups! Backup your data!
The internet is undeniably a valuable resource at our fingertips, with endless opportunities and possibilities. Let’s utilize some of the helpful tips above to keep yourself safe and clear from being the victim of a Cyber Security attack.