Increasing Productivity while Working from Home – 5 Tech Tips
During this COVID-19 crisis, employees and employers alike are all having to shift and adjust to the new “work from home” policy. Prior to the coronavirus outbreak, there were over 5 million employees in the US already working from home, at least half of their time. Working from home seems like a luxury, but often times it’s difficult to focus, set up workspace, etc.
Here are 5 Tech Tips to help with your work from home endeavors:
- Webcam and Microphone
- Clearly an important task. Difficult to perform any web-conferences or meetings without this capability. Find a solution that works for you and you are comfortable with.
- Add a second monitor
- If you have the space and capability, adding a second monitor to your environment is a great enhancement for multi-tasking.
- Use secure apps for meetings and conference calls
- Utilize a secure environment for web meetings (i.e. Microsoft Teams, Zoom)
- With the increase in work from home comes the increase in hackers, don’t be susceptible.
- Put passwords on your web meetings, increase security measures for your collaboration tools
- Utilize a reputable VPN
- Numerous VPN (virtual-private-network) applications or software enable you to utilize a more secure environment from your home network to perform tasks more security. (i.e. ExpressVPN, NordVPN, Surfshark)
- Share files easily, but maintain security
- Find an easy method to share and pass files amongst co-workers or clients, but don’t sacrifice security for ease.
- Utilize a secure sharing solution to pass and share files amongst co-workers.
- Some examples are Microsoft Teams, OneDrive, DropBox
Most importantly, stay safe and healthy and let’s all work together to get come back stronger than ever!